Marketing & Media Volunteer
Cambodian environmental NGO Mlup Baitong (The Green Screen) is currently looking for a Marketing & Media Assistant to support our existing team. As Marketing & Media Assistant you will be maintaining our website www.mlup-baitong.org, our Facebook account, handle our public relations, and provide your own creative ideas on how to present Mlup Baitong in the media. You will be working closely with our Resource Center Coordinator and our Capacity Building Advisor.
A detailed list of tasks can be found in the job description.
Call for Proposal: External Project End Evaluation
Mlup Baitong (MB), a Cambodian Environment NGO established since 1998, is seeking an experienced consultancy team or individual to evaluate our Community Forestry Management and Livelihood Improvement (CFMLI) project which has been implemented from Jan 2013 to Dec 2017, funded by the EU (Grant contract n° DCI-NSAPVD/2012/298-498)
The purpose of the external evaluation will be to assess the project’s efficiency, effectiveness, relevance, impact, and trend for sustainability over the implementation 5 years period (Jan 2013-Dec 2017) and make recommendations for further improvement of the next step project implementation.
The consultant will be expected to:
- Design a work plan for the assessment in consultation with Mlup Baitong
- Develop a data collection tool in consultation with Mlup Baitong
- Review project progress and monitoring reports, as well as other relevant documents provided by Mlup Baitong
- Interview project beneficiaries, staff members, and relevant stakeholders
- Present a draft and final evaluation report in English with incorporating all feedback from the above meetings.
- Write an evaluation report and translate the executive summary in Khmer version.
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Extensive experience in conducting project evaluations and a proven record in delivering professional results.
- Excellent English language skills as reports are to be delivered in English.
- Fluent in Khmer or able to arrange a capable translator as Khmer is needed for effective field investigation.
- Experience in working with NGOs in Cambodia.
- Knowledge of the environment, natural resource protection/conservation, Self Help Group concept and mechanism, community forestry and livelihood improvement strategies.
How to apply
Interested qualified consultants should submit an application containing the following elements:
- Proposal including proposed consultancy fees, break down budget and timetable, substantive and methodological aspects;
- Curriculum vitae of the proposed consultants and the particular relevant expertise that each consultant brings to the Evaluation
The proposal will be discussed at the short-listing stage. The detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) are available here or from Mlup Baitong office: #194, Street 371, Boeng Tumpon, Meanchey, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Contact number: (855)-12-835-636; (855)-12-840-136
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 31st October, 2017 by 05:00PM
Please click here to download TORs.
Send your application to:
Call for Proposal: External Video Clip Production
Mlup Baitong (MB), a Cambodian Environment NGO established since 1998 is inviting bids from production houses and individuals for the production of a film with the topic “The importance of the Community Forestry Management Plan (CFMP) development process” for the project that has been implemented from 1st January, 2013 to 31st December 2017, funded by the European Commission (Grant contract no. DCI-NSAPVD/2012/298-498). The project is implementing in 4 provinces (Kampong Speu, Kampong Thom, Siem Reap and Stung Treng provinces, multiple Communes) Cambodia.
The main purposes of this production is, a maximum 10 minute film which showcases the development of a Community Forestry Management Plan (CFMP) at O Soam Community Forestry, Salavisay commune, Prasat Balang district, Kampong Thom province. This community is one of the 63 target communities that Mlup Baitong’s project “Community Forest Management and Livelihood Improvement” supported during its implementing period 2013-2017. Please carefully see the detail information in the attached ToR. The production houses and individuals will be expected to produce the following deliverables before the expiration of the contract.
- A work plan and a story board based on inputs from Mlup Baitong
- Unedited rough version upon which Mlup Baitong will provide initial feedback
- First and second edited version of film upon which Mlup Baitong will provide feedback
- Delivery of all footage filmed for the production on soft copy
- Final full HD video version of 5 DVDs
- The production houses and individuals will be expected to:
- Ensure delivery of all end filming products that meet the deadlines as specified below
- Ensure delivery of all footage obtained for production
- Copyright of all footage filmed
- Ability to travel to the community in Kampong Thom province
- Ensure pre-production filming and post production at the highest quality
- Contact people on location and ensure their availability and willingness for filming
- Coordinate the filming and interviews
- Conduct interviews with selected people including Government Officials, Mlup Baitong’s Executive Director and staff members, local authorities, community members and relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise with Mlup Baitong on production schedule, filming, filming format and location access.
- Produce video clip conversation in Khmer and subtitles in English
The production houses and individuals who meet the following requirements are encouraged to apply for this consultancy opportunity.
- Have extensive experience in producing news and documentary films.
- Able to produce high quality broadcast video.
- At least 2 years of experience of proven technical experience for the cameramen/ editors involved in the production.
- Broadcast quality full HD video
- Professional sound recording
- HD DVDs as final products
Interested applicants (production houses or individual contractors) should tender a bidding proposal clearly highlighting the qualification of the bidder, their understanding of the task, a tentative work plan and a detailed financial breakdown of the film production fee including the withholding tax (15%) of the service fee to the following contact person no later than 5:00 pm of Thursday, October 16th 2017.
Please carefully see the detail information in the attached ToR. For further information please contact to:
(855) 12-419-877, (855) 12-413-857
Please click here to download the full TORs.
Address : #194, St. 371, Sangkat Boeung Tum Poun, Khan Mean Chey, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Name : Mlup Baitong
Phone : 012-419-877; 012-835-636; 012-840-136
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org; Cc: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com